Report Design Essentials II - Instructor-led, Solver Cloud Virtual
Improve your Solver report design skills in this intermediate level 8 hour hands-on virtual class which is delivered during two, 4 hour web-based sessions. Enjoy the benefits of the classroom and the convenience of group internet-based delivery. 8 CPE credits available.
This is an eight-hour virtual online class that is delivered in two sessions of four hours each. Scroll down for dates and times.
NOTE: Students will receive a login to a Solver Cloud training tenant and create reports using Report Designer version 5. Version 4 and 5 are very similiar is design; your instructor will point out differences as required.
This intermediate skill level course is the second in our series of report design courses and builds upon the concepts learned in Report Design Essentials I. Students will have plenty of hands-on opportunity while building report templates for profit and loss, balance sheet, and tree-based reports.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Filter multiple dimensions on a single row
- Specify sort order preferences within the Layout Editor
- Filters based upon dimension attributes such as Account Category or Rollup Level
- Embed Excel Functions such as MID and RIGHT into Solver-specific formulas
- Configure Nested Groups to enhance row expansion
- Use the Solver Drill-To feature to customize drilldown results
- Add Excel charts to Solver report templates
- Review Solver supplied sample templates
- Explore custom period calculations instead of using built-in Functions
- Explore automated report distribution using Report Publisher
- Explore the Solver Cloud portal for report management
- Review commonly used Macros for page breaks, hiding zero rows, columns, and blank sheets (BI360 version 4 only)
- New Solver customers and partners who will be creating or maintaining reports with the Report Designer
- Solver reporting and budgeting administrators who have inherited an existing set of reports
- Solver reporting and budgeting administrators who desires formal training on configuring, evolving, and maintaining their organization’s reports
- Report Design Essentials-I or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with accounting and finance concepts used to create financial reports
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Excel
- A computer with two monitors is needed for class. One monitor to view the instructor and the second to complete the hands-on exercises. IMPORTANT: Report Designer version 4 and version 5 cannot be installed on the same computer. If you are a version 4 customer, you must log into the classroom environment from an alternate computer.
- A hands-free telephone or computer headset is required to interact with the instructor and classmates.
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of three students are required for class. If the minimum is not met two days prior to the starting session, class will be cancelled and a refund will be processed.
Solver, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
NOTE: You will be prompted to select class dates after purchase.
Review our cancellation policy before completing registration. Are you ready to proceed?