Report Design Essentials I - Instructor-led, Solver Cloud Virtual
Develop your Solver report design skills in this 8 hour hands-on virtual class which is delivered during two, 4 hour web-based sessions. Enjoy the benefits of the classroom and the convenience of group internet-based delivery. 8 CPE credits available in the Computer & Applications field of study.
This is an eight-hour virtual online class that is delivered in two sessions of four hours each. Scroll down for dates and times.
NOTE: Students will receive a login to a Solver Cloud training tenant and create reports using Report Designer version 5. Version 4 and 5 are very similiar is design; your instructor will point out differences as required.
This basic skill level course is for power users who want to improve their reporting skills. Our expert instructor will cover the tips, tricks, and best practices learned from our consulting team in order to create a variety of financial reports from both actual and budget data. The focus of this class is the creation of presentation quality financial reports which are easy to set up, maintain and built in accordance with best practices. Students will have many hands-on exercises building report templates using the Report Designer and Report Composer.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate the Solver Reporting ribbon
- Design Report Templates in the Report Designer with Dimensions, Attributes, and Measures
- Apply filters at the sheet level, and on rows, columns, and cells
- Create Selection Groups on columns and rows
- Configure Grouping and Sorting options
- Work with Expanding groups
- Create labels from attributes for column and report headers
- Create run time report Parameters
- Use multiple dimensions on rows to create reports
- Utilize date Functions to automate comparative data such as - same period prior year
- Design various Trial Balance and Income Statement type reports
- Define Security assignments for users
- Maintain report templates in Solver Cloud
- New Solver customers and partners who will be creating or maintaining reports with the Report Designer
- Existing Solver reporting and budgeting administrators who have inherited an existing set of reports
- Any Solver reporting and budgeting administrators who desires formal training on configuring, evolving, and maintaining their organization’s reports
- Familiarity with accounting and finance concepts used to create financial reports
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Excel
- A computer with two monitors is needed for class. One monitor to view the instructor and the second to complete the hands-on exercises. IMPORTANT: Report Designer version 4 and version 5 cannot be installed on the same computer. If you are a version 4 customer, you must log into the classroom environment from an alternate computer.
- A hands-free telephone or computer headset is required to interact with the instructor and classmates.
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of three students are required for class. If the minimum is not met two days prior to the starting session, class will be cancelled and a refund will be processed.
Solver, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
NOTE: You will be prompted to select class dates after purchase.
Review our cancellation policy before completing registration. Are you ready to proceed?